Tuesday 13 March 2012

Decisions Decisions - Reupholstering

I have been intending to buy a new chair for my house for some time, when my mum suggested reupholstering a 100 year old chair they have had collecting dust in their garage.  Thinking this would be an easy task, I embarked on a bit of image stalking/fabric sampling.  Have now found out it is FAR from easy.  I am sitting here with a myriad of fabric samples and a pinterest board driving me nuts!

The chair (eek!):



The samples:



You can also see the colour of my couch, a mossy pastel green.

The inspiration!:

Armen Living Barrister Gray Velvet with Black Piping Chair
bellacor.com

Chair piping

Dress up an occasional chair by using a contrasting piping fabric. I find the rich texture of velvet too bulky to be used as piping and often choose a thinner cotton such as this ticking stripe to keep the lines of curvaceous chair looking tailored and elegant.

Really like this chair. Can I do this with piping? Also, like the pink accent.
bhg.com
love
High Gloss Magazine

I think my favourite so far is number one.  I velvety grey with a hint of purple with black piping.  Or maybe a navy with light blue piping??  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, dont forget to link your blog so I can check it out :)